As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at redsware.com. We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you
- Email address – so we can email your order confirmations, delivery delays, offers etc. You can unsubscribe at any time. Please allow 10 days for you request to be updated across all our systems.
- Delivery address – an obvious one
- Telephone number – we’ll only call if we have a delivery problem or to talk to you about your order
- Credit card details – we only ask for these when you place an order
- Mobile number – so we can text or call you with details about your orders or where we have a question
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorized parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce and certified by VeriSign, the world’s most respected certification body for Internet firms.
There are only four circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Barclays Merchant Services in UK and Payment Tech in USA), fraud prevention and detection agencies, delivery companies and data processing analysts) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- When you first made contact with Redsware you were asked if you were happy to receive mailings and offers from third party companies whose products we thought might interest you. If you did not object at the time, but have now changed your mind and no longer want third party mailings, please email us.
Redsware will send you from time to time catalogues, special offers and promotions by post and email. If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us, (and we quite understand if you don’t, but remember that if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you Sale details before anyone else) please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user’s identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can’t read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser’s cookie settings, but if you do this you will not be able to shop from the Redsware website as the functions of the website are dependent on cookies. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
When you visit our sites, cookies are either served directly by us, or by our business partners. Here is a description of the different kinds of cookies we use.
- Essential cookies – these cookies allow you to use the basic functionality of our website. For example, browsing our products, ordering and paying for items, checking your account information and viewing your order history.
- Performance cookies – they allow us to get to know how you use our website. They are used to analyse visitor information such as usage, visitor numbers and help us see how effective our advertising is and to understand what you like. We also use this information to help improve our website, make our marketing more relevant and improve the user experience.
- Functionality cookies – they allow us to provide additional functionalities to the website, and will retain some settings information. Whilst not essential for the functionality of our site, they do enable extra features that should improve your shopping experience.
Data over the internet
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user.